- "She was never one for diplomacy Lara. But she certainly knew how to paint the town Red."
- ―Charles Kane[src]
Lara Croft is a British video game character, and the Amazonian heroine of the Tomb Raider series of video games, movies and comic books. She has also featured in various advertisements. In the two movies, she is portrayed by Angelina Jolie.
Note: A completely new character also named Lara Croft was created by Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix for their game Tomb Raider (2013). See separate entry Lara Croft (2013) for information about this non-canonical character.
Biography (Original Storyline)
Lara Croft was born in either 1968 or 1971 and raised at Croft Manor in a world of aristocracy. From age 3 to 11 she had private tutoring. From age 11 to 16 Lara attended the Wimbledon High School for Girls.
--Ostercy 09:45, March 10, 2012 (UTC)O==Ireland Adventure== In 1984, Lara went to stay with Winston and his wife in their small house in Connussie, off the coast of Ireland, for a while, while repairs were being carried out in Croft Manor. One evening she overheard a talk between Father Patrick Dunstan and Winston and being intrigued, followed the Father to his boat. Sneaking aboard she accompanied him undetected to the Black Isle, where strange things were happening and the demon Verdilet, who was imprisoned between running water, which he - being a demon - could not cross, was trying to escape.
Introduction to Archaeology
Later in 1984, after finishing High School, young Lara requested to accompany renowned archaeologist Werner von Croy, whom she had previously met when he'd lectured at her school, on an expedition to Cambodia, to search for the Iris. Her parents agreed and it was her first of many expeditions around the globe.The daughter of Lord Henshingly Croft, Lara was brought up in the secure world of aristocracy - wanting for nothing she was surrounded by servants, social events and high society.
Having attended Wimbledon High School for Girls from the age of 11 years, Lara's parents decided that now she was 16, she should broaden her education by studying for her A'levels at one of England's most prominent boarding schools. An adventurous soul, Lara found the idea of being sent away from home an exciting prospect. By chance one day Lara came across a copy of National Geographic on the hall table. The front cover featured a familiar name - Professor Werner Von Croy. A respected archaeologist, Von Croy had once lectured at Lara's school to pupils and parents alike. The experience had a profound effect on Lara, triggering a desire to travel to remote locations in search of adventure. In some ways Von Croy had become an inspirational figure for Lara.
As Lara read further, she learned that Von Croy was currently preparing for an archaeological tour across Asia, culminating in a potential new discovery to be made in Cambodia. Unable to contain herself, Lara burst into the room, thrust the article in front of her parents and without hesitation demanded she accompany Von Croy on his expedition. Lord Croft could hardly disagree that travel was an education in itself. As Lara argued the case further, he found himself walking over to the desk and penning a letter to Von Croy, introducing himself as an influential society figure and offering financial assistance in exchange for his daughter's place on the expedition.
Von Croy's reply assured the Henshingly Crofts that the territories were friendly and that he had ample experience to look after both his and Lara's well being. Lara's company as an assistant would be welcome, as was the offer of such a generous cheque. He remembered Lara from his lecture - her incessant yet insightful questions had made quite an impression upon him.
And so it was agreed by all that Lara would accompany Von Croy for the duration of the tour... Tomb Raider IV The Last Revelation booklet, pages 6 & 7
After her expedition she resumed her studies, attending Gordonstoun Boarding School, in Scotland, where she discovered her love for climbing, water sports, horse back riding and archery.
Plane CrashAfter attending finishing school at the age of 21, Lara's marriage into wealth has seem assured, but on her way home from a skiing trip her chartered plane had crashed deep in the heart of the Himalayas. The only survivor, Lara learned how to depend on her wits to stay alive in hostile conditions a world away from her sheltered upbringing. 2 weeks later, when she walked into the village of Tokakeriby her experience had had a profound effect on her. Unable to stand the claustrophobic suffocating atmosphere of upper-class British society, she realised that she was only truly alive when she was travelling alone. Over the 8 following years she acquired an intimate knowledge of ancient civilisations across the globe. Her family disowned their prodigal daughter, and she turned to writing to fund her trips. Famed for discovering several ancient sites of profound archaeological interest she made a name for herself by publishing travel books and detailed journals of her exploits.
Tomb Raider I booklet, page 1
From 1991 to 1996 Lara made many important archaeological and histological discoveries. Among others she found the Ark of the Covenant, which can be seen displayed in the hall of Croft Manor in 1996. She also had a run in with the creature know as Big Foot before 1996.
Vilcabamba and the Atlantean Scion
In 1996 Lara discovered the lost City of Vilcabama in the Andes mountain region in Peru, resulting the the find of one part of the Atlantean Scion. Looking for the two remaining parts Lara travelled to Greece, where she explored a giant ruined monastery called St. Francis' Folly and an amphitheatre, as well as a Palace devoted to King Midas, before obtaining the second Scion part. Visiting Egypt and the Sphinx Lara discovered the third and final part of the Scion. Following her adversary Jacqueline Natla Lara finally managed to get to the lost continent Atlantis, whose secrets she would finally uncover.
Dagger of Xian
In 1997 Lara travels to China in search of an artefact called the Dagger of Xian. During her search she will come across the sunken Maria Doria. From the wreck she claims the Seraph, an artefact with the power to unlock a door in a Tibetan monastery. Another artefact she discovers, before finally finding the Dagger of Xian is the Talion.
She first travels to India and contends with a Jungle Fever Mad Man aptly named Tony who has stolen the first Meteorite Piece: The Infada Stone.
She ultimatley kills Tony to obtain the first piece and also awakens the great god Shiva within the Caves of Kaliya the original location containing the Stone.
Lara then travels to the Nevada Desert and enters Area 51 the confirmed location holding the second meteorite piece: Element 115.
She retrieves the piece from an actual extra-terrestial spacecraft within Area 51 and then heads for the South Pacific Islands the third location holding the third and final meteorite piece to be obtained.
There she contends with a London Cosmetics Company owner Sophia Leigh who has stolen the piece.
She battles and kills Sophia to obtain the piece then meets with her client Dr. Willard in Antartica.
There she discovers that Tony and Sophia Leigh were indeed enlisted clients of his and that he plans to use all four pieces of the accursed meteorite to obtain great power.
Lara fails to stop him from forging the meteorite with the pieces and watches as he undergoes a mutant transformation into a large extra-terrestial arachnid.
She fights and kills Dr. Willard.
Missing in Egypt, Presumed Dead
Lara went on an expedition to Egypt and accidently found the tomb of the ancient Egyptian god called Set , ruler of the underworld, that had been imprisoned for centuries. She goes over to the sarcophagus and retrieves an interesting artifact called the Amulet of Horus, not knowing that removing it could set that ancient evil god free.
Later Lara reads the inscription on the Amulet that warns that if it is removed, Set would be released to cause choas in the world. She then finds out that she has her former mentor Werner Von Croy on her trail who is also interested in the Amulet.
Lara goes in search of her friend Jean Yves and tells him her story, he explains that Lara has now released an ancient evil into the world and our heroine decides to set things right.
She opens another tomb with the Amulet, but Von Croy steals the artifact which seals her in. After facing many dangers Lara arrives outside and sneaks aboard Von Croy's train that is going to the location of Alexandria.
In Alexandria she meets Jean Yves again who explains that finding the ancient armour could prevent the evil from spreading. Lara sets off and when she returns finds Jean's study ransacked and a note left by Von Croy demanding the armour for her friend's life.
As they are driving with Jean as their hostage, the ancient evil of Set suddenly takes over Von Croy's body. Lara goes into the City of the Dead in Cairo and after dodging many traps finally finds where Jean is being held. Her friend warns her that Von Croy has now been possessed by Set and fears for her life. Lara assures him that everything will be alright.
Von Croy now under the influence of Set tries to bribe Lara and grant her ultimate power in return for the armour. However, Lara takes back the Amulet and locks Von Croy in the crypt along with four jackals.
She finally finds the Temple of Horus and in a large water based cave, she precedes to place the pieces of the armour on the statue with the Amulet in place. After she has finished, the light of Horus comes down onto the statue and Horus begins to awaken. However, Set's locusts destroy the statue and armour before the process is complete. Horus' light now enters Lara. Set now stands where Horus should be. Set gloats about ruling over the world once more and wants Lara to kneel before him before he extinguishes her worthless life.
Finding that she cannot kill him, Lara instead grabs the artifact and makes her way out of the cavern finally using the Amulet to seal Set in forever.
Lara returns to the opening of the tomb on shaky legs with great chunks of rubble falling around her. Von Croy suddenly appears and tries to save her, but Lara is unsure wheter he is still possessed by Set and ends up hanging for her life on a ledge. Suddenly huge chunks of rubble fall from the ceiling and Von Croy flees before he is buried.
He stares at the remains of the tomb and takes off his hat in a moment of silence sure that Lara is now dead. A giant statue is placed in England and a memorial service is held in her honour.
Return to the Living
After the events in Egypt, Von Croy along with a team of excavators dig up the ruins of the tomb to find answers of what happened to Lara.
Later one of Von Croy's men tells him that he has found something, he takes him to an area where they are digging and they find Lara's Backpack. Von Croy holds it in triumph and says that they have found her.
It is not mentioned whether they found Lara alive or dead, but in the next game "Angel of Darkness", Lara is very much alive, which concludes that she may of survived and returned to her original stately home in England.
Death of a Mentor
- Main article: Lara Croft (The Angel of Darkness)
When asked to come to Paris by her former mentor Werner von Croy Lara set out to find what he wanted, slightly resentful that Werner left her for dead back in Egypt. When speaking to Werner the two argued. During the argument Lara lost conciousness, only to awaken over Werner's dead body. Uncertain what happened Lara fled the scene to escape the police - who would immediately suspect her - to uncover the mystery behind the occurrence herself. This whole episode placed Lara in a new situation, one she has never been in before, being suspected of murder and being on the run, trying to clear her name at the same time.
Biography (Legend, Anniversary, Underworld Storyline)
Lara Croft was born in Surrey's Parkside hospital to Lady Amelia Croft and the notorious archeologist Lord Richard Croft, the late Earl of Abbingdon. Between the ages of three and six, she attended the Abbingdon Girls School, where it quickly became clear that she was an exceptionally gifted child.
Plane Crash (Age 9)At the age of nine, Lara and her mother were in the Croft's private jet, over the Himalayas, when lightning struck the engines and caused the plane to crash land. Her mother and Lara were the only survivors at the time. When exploring a nearby temple, Lara inadvertently triggered a mysterious portal, to - as we later find out - the future, by touching a sword. Lara's mother, misunderstanding the person on the other side - Amanda Evert, who was, in the future, talking to Lara - pulled out the sword and vanished to supposedly Avalon. Lara, then alone, walked to Katmandu, to escape the horrors of the plane crash. When she arrived in Katmandu she went to the nearest bar and made a polite telephone call to her father asking if it would be convenient for him to come and pick her up.
After the loss of her mother, Lara received private tutoring, part of it from her father, who took her on some of his expeditions.For six years following the plane crash, Lara rarely left her father's side, traveling around the world from one archeological dig site to another. During this period she was ostensibly given a standard education from private tutors, but it would probably be more accurate to say she was her father's full time apprentice. Lara suffered another tragic loss at the age of 17, when her father went missing, presumed dead. When Lara was seventeen, her father went missing in Cambodia. Extensive searches by the authorities and Lara herself turned up human remains that could not definitively be identified. Since Lord Croft's body was not officially recovered, Lara could not directly inherit the Croft title and was thrust into a bitter family feud over control of the Abbingdon estates with her uncle Lord Errol Croft. Lara eventually won the legal battle, and took possession of her inheritance but at the cost of a deep rift in the Croft family that left her estranged from her living relatives.
Revisiting The Past
In 2006, Lara Croft is telephoned by Paraiso based friend Anaya who informs a Stone Dais has been discovered in Tiwanaku, Bolivia. Lara remembers to when she was nine years old following the plane crash she survived with her mother uncovered a Nepal Temple in the Himayalas containing an ornate Stone Dais accidentally activated by her which sucked in her mother and was consequently the day she vanished forever.
Lara comes across mercernaries patrolling the interior ruins of a few minor Tiwanaku Temples. Lara eventually comes to the central still in tact Tiwanaku Temple and enters to find within it the reported found Stone Dais.
There with is a man by the name of James Rutland who is accompanied by a handful of the mercernaries revealed to be his. James, in a conversation, shows Lara a piece of a sword and mentions her believed dead friend Amanda Evert .
Lara, following this, decides to go to Paraiso and to the dig site of which her, the believed dead Amanda and a group of confirmed dead college friends made a digsite at. Lara organizes for Anaya to meet her in Paraiso and the two rendezous at the Statue in the Paraiso Market Place.
There James Rutland's Mercenaries show up and attack. Anaya takes off in her jeep and a handful of Rutland's pursue her. Lara catches up on a stolen motorcycle and eliminates the pursuerers. Lara then boards Anaya's jeep and the two arrive at the dig site.
Lara recounts what happened to her, Amanda and their college friends at the dig site. Lara, then on present day, enters through a watery passage into the dig site and uncovers
Created by a team at Core Design that included Toby Gard, the heroine of the video game series has spawned seven incarnations of the game, where the heroine must defeat ancient deities, spirits, evil gangsters, and even dinosaurs. Since its debut in 1996, Tomb Raider games have been made for the PC, Mac, PlayStation, PlayStation 2, Saturn, Dreamcast, N-Gage, Pocket PC, Game Boy Advance, and Game Boy Color. On April 11 2006, the seventh game in the series, Tomb Raider: Legend, was released for the PlayStation 2, PSP, Xbox, Xbox 360, and PC.
It is said the original name for Lara Croft was to be Laura Cruz. It was later changed to Lara Croft due to the fact that an American accent would change the pronunciation of "Laura" to "Lara", and that "Cruz" didn't sound British. Because the pronunciations are alike in an American accent, she is sometimes referred to as Laura.
Lara was brought to life by actress Angelina Jolie for the movies Tomb Raider (2001) and Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life (2003). She has also been portrayed by models for public appearances, most notably model/actress Rhona Mitra, glamour model Nell McAndrew (who was immediately axed from her stint as Lara in 1999 after posing nude in Playboy), and the top model Jill De Jong. Despite some initial reservations, on February 14, 2006, it was announced that a previously unknown 20-year-old sales assistant from London, Karima Adebibe, would star as the new Lara Croft model and would shortly begin a training program to play the role. Some feel she looks very close to the video game Lara Croft in publicity shots.
Some fans consider Croft's growing status as a sex symbol in the video game fandom through each progressive game sequel—with increasingly gratuitous artwork and advertisements detrimental to the character, who gained more attention from her appearance than her tough-as-nails spirit and determination. In response to this, she has recently undergone a slight "redesign" for the sake of becoming more appealing to female gamers. Her chest size was reduced and her clothes were altered; some have still derided her form as being unrealistic (especially in regard to her BMI), although the constant and extreme level of physical activity Lara is depicted as partaking in, and the lack of a similar real-life individual of similar activity of such manner to utilize as reference, leaves the debate open. Nevertheless, Lara has a real athletic life so her BMI is normally impossible, because muscles are heavier than fat (so her weight should be around 154lb (70kg) rather than 110lb (50kg), if she has only muscles and not bones).
Note that several Lara biographical facts of the established canon that were contradicted in the movie, were altered in order to follow the movie. One example is the name of Lara's father, in the game manuals he is mentioned as Henshingly, but since the movies, he has been altered to Richard.
- Name: Lara Croft thumb|right|300px|Lara's Theme
- Title: Countess of Abbingdon
- Alias: Tomb Raider
- Date Of Birth: February 14, 1968 in Wimbledon, London
- Age: Between 32-35 as of TR:L
- Relations: Richard Croft, 10th Earl of Abbingdon / Lord Henshingly Croft (father); Amelia Croft, Countess of Abbingdon (mother)
- Friends: Alister, Zip, Winston, Jean, Charles, Bram
- Nationality: British
- Spouse(s): None
- Children: None
- First Appearance: Tomb Raider (1996)
- Astrological Sign: Aquarius
- Current Residence: Croft Manor, Buckinghamshire
- Marital Status: Single (once engaged to the Earl of Farringdon)
- Blood Type: AB-
- Height: 5' 8" (1.73 m)
- Weight: 110 lb (50 kg)
- BMI: 17.0 (Underweight) (9 st 7 lb would be a healthier weight)
- Bust: 34D (Lara is still a Dcup, contrary to many beliefs; the confusion seems to spawn from the fact that Angelina Jolie was a 34C and Lara was once a 35DD, they changed Lara Croft to a 34D in Legend and she continues to be that size :D).
- Waist: 24
- Hips: 35
- Hair Colour: Auburn-Brown
- Eye Colour: Brown (although in Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation, her eyes appear to be dark red)
- Dress size: 8
- Shoe size: 7 (UK) / 9.5 (US) / 41 (EUR)
- Outfits: See: Lara's Outfits
- Favourite food: Beans on Toast
- Distinguishing Features: Pony Tail, Flame red coloured lensed sunglasses, Backpack, Dual 9 mm pistols/ .357, Desert Eagles/ .45, Heckler & Koch USPs (Match Variant)
- Has navel piercing (Seen in TR3)
- Discoveries (Games):
- Bestiary (1984), (CHR: "Labyrinth")
- Ark of the Covenant (1993), (before the events of Tomb Raider I)
- Bigfoot (1995), (TR1: "Intro movie")
- Philosopher's Stone (1995), (CHR: "The Colosseum")
- Atlantean Scion (1996), (TR1: "Tomb of Qualopec", "Tomb of Tihocan", "Sanctuary of the Scion") (ANN: "Peru - Tomb of Qualopec", "Greece - Tomb of Tihocan", "Egypt - Sanctuary of the Scion")
- Dagger of Xian (1997), (TR2: "The Dragon's Lair")
- The Golden Mask of Tornarsuk (1997), (GM: "Furnace of the Gods")
- The Iris (1984, 1997), (TLR: "The Race for the Iris")(CHR: "The 13th Floor")
- The Meteorite Idols (Infada Stone, Element 115, Ora Dagger, Eye of Isis and Hand of Rathmore) (1998), (TR3: "Caves of Kaliya", "Area 51", "City", "Temple of Puna", "Meteorite Cavern")(LA: "Sleeping With the Fishes", "It's a Madhouse!", "Reunion")
- The Spear Of Destiny (1998), (CHR: "Deepsea Dive")
- The Armour of Horus and Amulet of Horus (1999), (TLR: "The Tomb of Seth", "Pharos, Temple of Isis", "Temple of Poseidon", "Cleopatra's Palace")
- The Obscura Paintings, Sanglyph and Periapt Shards (2003), (AOD: "Archaeological Dig", "The Hall of Seasons", "The Monstrum Crime Scene", "Maximum Containment Area", "The Vault of Trophies", "Eckhardt's Lab")
- Excalibur, Lancelot's Shield and Ghalali Key (2006), (LEG: "Peru - Return to Pariso", "Japan - Meeting With Takamoto", "Ghana - Pursuing James Rutland", "Kazakhstan - Project Carbonek", "England - King Arthur's Tomb?", "Nepal - The Ghalali Key")
- The King Arthur's tomb (2006), (LEG: "England - King Arthur's Tomb?")
- Niflheim, the Norse Underworld (2008), (UND: "Niflheim", "The Norse Connection")
- Helheim/Avalon (2008), (UND: "Helheim", "Yggdrasil", "Out of Time")
- Thor's Gauntlets - Járngreipr (2008), (UND: "The Norse Connection", "Protected by the Dead")
- Thor's Belt - Megingjord (2008), (UND: "The Midgard Serpent")
- Thor's Hammer - Mjölnir (2008), (UND: "Valhalla")
- Etir Stone (2008), (BTA: "Father's Secret Study")
- The All-Seeing Eye, (Lara Croft: Tomb Raider; in her home)
- Triangle of Light, (Lara Croft: Tomb Raider; in Cambodia and Iceland)
- Alexander the Great's Orb (Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life; in Santorini, Greece)
- Pandora's Box, (Tomb Raider: Cradle of Life; in Africa)
Real Life Appearences
- Diverse non-pc game advertisements, for instance SEAT, Lucozade (changed temporarily to Larazade), Visa, etc.
- In a music video of the German band Die Ärzte (#1 Hit Männer sind Schweine ("Men are Pigs")),
- On tour with the Irish band U2
Artifacts collected by Lara
- "Excalibur re-forged!"
- ―Lara Croft[src]
- Atlantean Scion (TR1: "Tomb of Qualopec", "Tomb of Tihocan", "Sanctuary of the Scion")
- Dagger of Xian (TR2: "The Dragon's Lair")
- Mask of Tornarsuk (GM: "Kingdom")
- Meteorite Artifacts: Infada Stone, Eye of Isis, (Element 115), Ora Dagger, Hand of Rathmore (TR3: "Caves of Kaliya", "Area 51", "City", "Temple of Puna", "Meteorite Cavern") (LA: "Sleeping with the Fishes", "It's A Madhouse!", "Reunion")
- Amulet and Armour of Horus (TLR: "The Tomb of Seth", "Pharos, Temple of Isis", "Temple of Poseidon", "Cleopatra's Palaces")
- Philosopher's Stone, Spear of Destiny, Bestiary, "The Iris" (CHR: "The Colosseum", "Deepsea Dive", "Labyrinth", "The 13th Floor")
- Periapt Shards, Obscura Paintings, Sanglyph (AOD)
- Excalibur (LEG: "Nepal - The Ghalali Key")
- Ghalali Key (LEG: "Nepal - The Ghalali Key")
- Thor's Hammer (UND: "Valhalla")
- Thor's Gauntlets (UND: "The Norse Connection", "Protected by the Dead")
- Etir Stone (BTA: "Father's Secret Study") (LS: "Yggdrasil Remains")
Actors and models
A listing of actors/models who officially have been playing the role of Lara Croft, Angelina Jolie not included.
- Nathalie Cook 1996-1997 (the first model although unknown, before Tomb Raider became famous)
- Vanessa Demouy 1997
- Rhona Mitra 1997-1998
- Nell McAndrew 1998-1999
- Lara Weller 1999-2000
- Ellen Rocche - 2000 (Though widely unknown, Ellen dyed her hair and posed for two Lara Croft photo shoots)
- Lucy Clarkson 2000-2002
- Jill De Jong 2002-2004
- Karima Adebibe 2006-2008
- Alison Carroll -2008- (For more information see: http://www.tombnews.com/models/alisoncarroll/)
For more information on models, here's a link to for the Tomb Raider Models (Tomb Raider Models)
Voice actressesLara has been voiced by four actresses;
- In Tomb Raider, she was voiced by Shelley Blond.
- In Tomb Raider II and Tomb Raider III, she was voiced by Judith Gibbins.
- Jonell Elliott voiced Lara in Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation, Tomb Raider Chronicles and The Angel of Darkness.
- Keeley Hawes voiced Lara in the latest installments Legend, Anniversary and Underworld along with Beneath the Ashes and Lara's Shadow other variant seing Pokemon.
- Lara's Home
- City of Vilcabamba
- Lost Valley
- Tomb of Qualopec
- St. Francis' Folly
- Palace Midas
- The Cistern
- Tomb of Tihocan
- City of Khamoon
- Obelisk of Khamoon
- Sanctuary of the Scion
- Natla's Mines
- The Great Pyramid
Tomb Raider II
- Lara's Home
- The Great Wall
- Bartoli's Hideout
- Opera House
- Offshore Rig
- Diving Area
- 40 Fathoms
- Wreck of the Maria Doria
- Living Quarters
- The Deck
- Tibetan Foothills
- Barkhang Monastery
- Catacombs of the Talion
- Ice Palace
- Temple of Xian
- Floating Islands
- The Dragon's Lair
- Home Sweet Home
The Golden Mask
Tomb Raider III
- Lara's Home
- Temple Ruins
- The River Ganges
- Caves of Kaliya
- Nevada Desert
- High Security Compound
- Area 51
- Thames Wharf
- Lud's Gate
- Coastal Village
- Crash Site
- Madabu Gorge
- Temple of Puna
- RX-Tech Mines
- Lost City of Tinnos
- Meteorite Cavern
- All Hallows
The Last Revelation
- Angkor Wat
- The Race for the Iris
- The Tomb of Seth
- Burial Chambers
- Valley of the Kings
- Temple of Karnak
- The Great Hypostyle Hall
- Sacred Lake
- Tomb of Semerkhet
- Guardian of Semerkhet
- Desert Railroad
- Coastal Ruins
- Temple of Poseidon
- The Lost Library
- Hall of Demetrius
- Pharos, Temple of Isis
- Cleopatra's Palaces
- City of the Dead
- Chambers of Tulun
- Citadel Gate
- Street Bazaar
- Sphinx Complex
- Underneath the Sphinx
- Menkaure's Pyramid
- Inside Menkaure's Pyramid
- The Mastabas
- The Great Pyramid
- Khufu's Queen's Pyramids
- Inside the Great Pyramid
- Temple of Horus
- Streets of Rome
- Trajan's Markets
- The Colosseum
- The Base
- The Submarine
- Deepsea Dive
- Sinking Submarine
- Gallows Tree
- Old Mill
- The 13th Floor
- Escape with the Iris
- Red Alert!
The Angel of Darkness
- Parisian Backstreets
- Derelict Apartment Block
- Industrial Rooftops
- Margot Carvier's Apartment
- Parisian Ghetto
- The Willowtree Herbalist
- St. Aichard's Church
- Rennes' Pawnshop
- Café Metro
- The Serpent Rouge
- St. Aichard's Graveyard
- Bouchard's Hideout
- Louvre Storm Drains
- Louvre Galleries
- Archaeological Dig
- Tomb of the Ancients
- The Hall of Seasons
- The Breath of Hades
- Neptune's Hall
- Sanctuary of the Flame
- Wrath of the Beast
- Galleries under Siege
- Von Croy's Apartment
- The Monstrum Crime Scene
- The Strahov Fortress
- Bio-Research Facility
- Maximum Containment Area
- Aquatic Research Area
- The Vault of Trophies
- The Lost Domain
- Eckhardt's Lab
- Bolivia - Tiwanaku
- Peru - Return to Paraíso
- Japan - Meeting with Takamoto
- Ghana - Pursuing James Rutland
- Kazakhstan - Project Carbonek
- England - King Arthur's Tomb?
- Nepal - The Ghalali Key
- Bolivia - The Looking Glass
- Croft Manor
- Croft Manor
- Peru - Mountain Caves
- Peru - City of Vilcabamba
- Peru - The Lost Valley
- Peru - Tomb of Qualopec
- Greece - St. Francis Folly
- Greece - The Coliseum
- Greece - Midas's Palace
- Greece - Tomb of Tihocan
- Egypt - Temple of Khamoon
- Egypt - Obelisk of Khamoon
- Egypt - Sanctuary of the Scion
- Lost City - Natla's Mines
- Lost City - The Great Pyramid
- Lost City - Final Conflict
- No Illusions
- The Path to Avalon
- The Norse Connection
- God of Thunder
- Realm of the Dead
- The Remnants
- The Ancient World
- A Puppet No Longer
- Protected by the Dead
- The Unnamed Days
- The Midgard Serpent
- Land of the Dead
- Gate of the Dead
- Rituals Old
- Out of Time
- "It's hard to say exactly, but you seem to be doing fine."
- "I'm sorry, I only play for Sport."
- "Welcome to my home, I'll take you on a guided tour."
- "Use the D Pad to go into the Music Room."
- "Okay, let's do some tumbling, press the Jump button."
- "Now press it again and quickly press one of the directions and I'll jump that way."
- "Ah the main hall. Sorry about the crates, I'm having some things put into storage and the delivery people haven't been yet."
- "Run up to a crate and while still pressing forward, press Action and I'll vault up onto it."
- "This used to be the ballroom, but I've converted it into my own personal gym. What do think? Well let's do some exercises."
- "I don't actually run everywhere. When I want to be careful, I walk. Hold down the Walk Button and walk to the white line."
- "With the Walk Button down, I won't fall off even if you try to make me. Go on try it."
- "If you want to look around, press and hold the Look Button, then press in the direction, you want to look."
- "If a jump is too far for me, I can grab the ledge and save myself from a nasty fall. Walk to edge with the white line untill I won't go any further, then press Jump immediately followed by Forward and while I'm in the air press and hold the Action button."
- "If I do a running jump, I can make jump like that no problem.
- "Walk to the edge with the white line until I stop, then left go of walk and tap Backwards to give me a run up. Press Forward and almost immediately press and hold the Jump button, I wont actually jump until the last minute."
- "Press Forward and I'll climb up."
- "Right this is a really big one, so do a running jump exactly as before except while I'm in the air, press and hold the action button to help me grab the ledge."
- "Try to vault up here, Press Forward and hold Action."
- "I can't climb up because the gap is too small, but press Right and I'll shimmy sideways until there is room, then press Forward."
- "Tap Backwards and I'll jump off backwards. Immediadely press and hold the Action button and I'll grab the ledge on the way down. Then let go."
- "Let's go for a swim."
- "The Jump button and the Directions move me around underwater."
- (Gasps) Oh air, just use Forward and Left and Right to manuover around on the surface. Press Jump to dive down for another swim about or go to the edge and press Action to climb out."
- "Right, now I'd better take off these wet clothes."
- "Well you have my total attention now. I'm not quite sure if I've got yours though. Hello?"
- "Of course."
- "Wait, we're talking about the artifact here?"
- "Hold on, I...I'm sorry. This piece you say, where's the rest?"
- "And where is that?"
- "So you think all this talking is just holding me up."
- "Thank you. I will."
- "Relocated now to St. Francis' Folly, new temptations torment me, rumoured amongst......(fades into Priest talking)
- "Pierre, you litter bug."
- "Here lies Tihocan, one of the two just rulers of Atlantis. Who even after the curse of the continent had tried to keep rule here in these barren other lands. He died without child and his knowledge has no inheritage. Look over us kindly Tihocan."
- "If that is the phrase."
- "And you for a grand reopening I assume."
- "Kind of Evolutional steroids then?"
- "Or like this."
- "Not without the heart of the operation."
Tomb Raider II
- "Welcome Back. After that gruelling business last year, I decided to build this Assault Course to hone my skills and learn some new ones."
- "No that's not right, you need to press Jump and Forward together to help me clear the gap. Run back to the start and try again."
- "For bigger gaps, I need to a running jump. Back to the Start."
- "To climb up, press Forward and then hold down the Action button."
- "To avoid falling off the ledges, you can use the Walk button. That way I'm more careful and won't fall over the edge."
- "To make that jump successfully, I need to walk back as far as possible from the edge, then take a running jump as before or you could walk to the edge, jump forward and press Action to make me grab the far edge."
- "Okay, that was quite a tough one. You need to make a running jump and then press Action for me grab the edge. To get the run up exactly right, walk to the edge then tap Backwards to jump back, if you run forwards from there and press Jump, I'll make it just right."
- "I can climb up this wall, just walk up to it and then hold down the Action Button. You can then use the direction buttons to climb up, down and side to side."
- "This set of obsticles is easiet to traverse by using my sideways jumps. Just press Left or Right at the same time as Jump. I can jump backwards too."
- "This is another climbing wall. You can tell by the footholds.
- "Oh Dear, back to the start if I want to beat my best time."
- "To swim underwater. Press the Jump button and the direction buttons to guide me."
- "On the surface, the direction buttons move me about and the Jump Button makes me dive underwater. At the edge of the pool, I can climb out by using the Action Button.
- "Great! But nowhere near my best time."
- "Gosh, that was my best time yet."
- "Almost, perhaps another try and I might beat it."
- "Congratulations you did it. But perhaps I could of been faster."
- "Hi there, let's see if I can beat my best time."
- "Feel free to explore the rest of the house and gardens."
- "Pardon me, if that was just your way of trying the doors for me."
- "Though not anymore, so after you."
- "I understand that someone is my favour, so indulge me about the Dagger. I'd be indebted with your life."
- "And which one is that?"
- "Perhaps not just yet then."
- "Aha! Gianni Bartoli. Via Caravelli, Venice."
- "But you are a monk."
- "That was gunfire. I think it was them who got taken away by it."
- "What are you doing here with Marco Bartolli?"
- "The true detox of evil."
- "Don't you think you've seen enough?"
Tomb Raider III: Adventures of Lara Croft
- "Welcome back to my humble abode. Feel free to take a look around."
- "If you want to look around, press and hold the Look button. Then press in the direction you want to look."
- "Let's go into the gym. Those of you who been here before will noticew the new deco. What do you think? Well let's do some exercises, I think we should do them in order."
- "I don't actually run everywhere. When I want to be careful, I walk."
- "With the Walk Button down, I won't fall off even if you try to make me. Go on try it."
- "If a jump is too far for me, I can grab the ledge and save myself from a nasty fall. Walk to edge next to the white line untill I won't go any further, then press Jump immediately followed by Forward and while I'm in the air press and hold the Action button."
- "Press Forward and I'll climb up."
- "If I do a running jump, I can make jump like that no problem. Walk to the edge with the white line until I stop, then left go of walk and tap Backwards to give me a run up. Press Forward and almost immediately press and hold the Jump button, I wont actually jump until the last minute."
- "Okay, this is a huge jump, so do a running jump exactly as before except while I'm in the air, press and hold the action button to help me grab the ledge."
- "Try to vault up here, Press Forward and hold Action."
- "I can't climb up because the gap is too small, but press Right and I'll shimmy sideways until there is room, then press Forward and I'll climb right up."
- "Well Done. This is a long drop and I don't want to hurt myself jumping off. I can let myself down carefully. Tap Backwards and I'll jump off backwards. Immediadely press and hold the Action button and I'll grab the ledge on the way down. Then let go."
- "Next I'll show you my Crawl. First vault onto the block, now hold down the Crawl button, this will make me crouch down and keep holding it while using the directional buttons to move me throught the gap. At the end turn around and drop me off the ledge. Make sure to keep the Action Button pressed or I'll fall. Now let go."
- "Press Forward and hold the Crawl button to make me squeeze into the gap."
- "To get to those really high places, sometimes I'll need to climb. Let's try that now. Walk up to the climbing frame and then press and hold the Action Button so I'll climb up onto it. While keeping this button pressed, push Forward on the directional buttons and I'll climb to the top."
- "Now looking up you'll see some Monkey Bars. These look like fun. Press the Jump Button, then immediately hold down the Action Button to make me jump and grab hold of the bars. Now use the directional buttons to manuover across. Don't let go of the Action key 'cause as soon as you do I'll let go."
- "Right let's Sprint. Push Forward and hold down the Sprint button. When I reach the white line, push the Jump Button and I'll perform a diving roll."
- "Okay, fancy a swim."
- "The Jump Button and the Directions move me around underwater."
- (Gasps) Air, just use Forward, Left and Right to manuover around on the surface. Press Jump to dive down for another swim or go to the edge and press Action to climb out."
- "Right, let's go and play outside."
- "Let's see how quickly the Assault Course can be completed. Are you ready?"
- "Hey, I like the look of this."
- "To jump on, walk up to the vehicle and press the Action button."
- "Let's go as fast as we can."
- "Now it's time for our third adventure."
- "Hello? Hello?"
- "I'm nothing that taxing, are you alright?"
- "If you'd all stop? Who are you talking about?"
- "Mmm Hmm, well I'm not quite sure where you're coming from. But I just want to know about the Infada artifact in the temple up there."
- "It's not Voodoo. Look is there anyone else here with you?"
- "Randy and Rory, where? What are you all doing here?"
- "What! Shoot the breeze with some of your other boys. No Thanks."
- The Infada tribe only had one artifact of this type, it's unique. Anyway what would your interest in it be?"
- "So how did it end up here?"
- "August 14th 1834, this...."(Fades into Stephen talking)
- "Sounds good to me."
- "Not interupting am I?"
- "No and No."
- "Right, I understand, what happened?"
- "The Tribesman, it isn't usual for them to eat right off the bone like that."
- " Maybe you'll be the desert. White flesh can be a bit of a delicacy around here."
- "Listen, we'd better get you out of here, do you know how the tribe cross the swamp down there, which stones they tread on?"
- "Of Course."
- "You forget I could be quite hungry myself. Famished actually."
- "Why did your ancestors flee from Antarctica so soon?"
- "But you still worship it?"
- "One of Darwin's sailors, oh poor fellow."
- "Where's the stone now?"
- "I'll be sure to point that out to him."
- "Who are you working for?"
- "You heard me."
- "I said who employs you?"
- "Who's she? What does she do?
- "A commendable work ethic I guess."
- "Well how old is this Miss Leigh?"
- "I'm flattered."
- "Then you might like to mind...the bell."
- "Happy Retirement."
- "Business, not pleasure."
- "And you have?"
- "Some kind of failed experiment then?"
- "You mean Sophia's testing some immortality power along with her own brand of face lift?"
- "Very generous of you, what do you want?"
- "Embalming fluid?"
- "So why don't you go yourself?"
- "To What?"
- "No, but I'll probably have them slightly faced judging by your past experiments."
- "Oh yes, they're all still alive, very much so in fact. All I want is the artifact."
- "We'll see."
- "At home! I've just met a man who may as well have been brundlefly."
- "He was your own employee!"
- "But you've no control over this."
- "Not everyone here wants to guinea pigs. Multiappendaged or not."
- "Yes, but you bumped into me in India and sent me to find them for you, bringing me here listening to this jibberish. Your perception of good timing is bad."
- The Evolution Of Lara Croft
- Official Tomb Raider Website
- Tomb Raider fan fiction at the Croft Codex - Contains the best fan fiction from the originators of the genre.
- -ent-nbsp;  - KatieGate